LAST UPDATED: November 17, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
We collect any information you provide to us when you use the Service. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service.
Registration: When you register for an account, you are required to provide us with certain personal information and to designate a password. The personal information you are required to provide includes your name and email address.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email our Customer Support Team, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Application. If you use the Service to create a project or develop or enhance an application, you will provide us with information about your application, including your application’s architecture and security. You may also be required to provide us with your cloud credentials and read-only access to your cloud environment.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Service
When you use our Service, we may collect information from you through automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. By using the Service, you consent to the placement of cookies, beacons, and similar technologies in your browser and on emails in accordance with this Policy. The information collected in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, location data, and information about your usage of our Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect:
- To facilitate your use of the Service and provide the Service to you.
- To prevent fraud and other illegal activity on the Service. We may also connect your meta-data to your personal information for this purpose only.
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to Users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative or informational purposes, including by providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Service by presenting tailored content.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Service and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose information that we collect through the Service to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, advertising, and other services.
- With marketing services companies so they may market directly to you. You may opt out of this if so desired by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition, we may use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of the Service. We do not share your information with these third parties, but theses analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone. We will store your personal information under these security safeguards for seven (7) years after your account is terminated.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. Users may update, correct, or delete certain account information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to Users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
USE OF SERVICE BY MINORS
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Service.
INTERNATIONAL CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
Oak9 uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of the United States.
We may make changes to this Policy. The “Last Updated” date at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. If we make material changes, we may notify you through the Service or by sending you an email or other communication. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices. Your use of the Service following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.