We are looking for enthusiastic Software Engineers to join us and ensure that our customers are thrilled with our platform. This is a role for someone who has a strong focus on best practices and strong methodologies to engage in the production of a high-quality software.
As more companies move key parts of their business to the cloud, its critical to ensure that data and information are secure. Two functions that play a key role are developers and security teams. To date, innovation has been focused on development teams – who can now do more, faster. The security teams are not able to keep up and that creates risk for the organization.
The oak9 platform analyzes infrastructure-as-code and builds security into cloud native applications so they are secure and compliant by design
We are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security.
We’re looking for smart, motivated and talented individuals to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team to reshape the security landscape. We are growing fast and are looking for talented individuals to help in our mission.
What you will do:
- Implement high quality code into infrastructure with unit and integration testing through an array of automated tests
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and applying best practices and standard operating procedures
- Enhance applications by developing software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Work closely with customers and team members to communicate project statuses and proposals
- Bring thought leadership and take initiative with a focus on continually improving service value
- Grow your career with oak9
- Work with an amazing and innovative team
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
Our ideal candidate
- B.A/B.S Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in .NET or other programming languages
- Experience working in a sprint-driven development process
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with containerization technologies like Terraform and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to support the needs of the customer as well as the business and technology
- Excellent written, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys all things technology and has serious interest in having fun at work
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Career development
- An exciting and fun startup environment
This role is based in Chicago with option to work remotely.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.