We are looking for experienced Security Engineers to join us and help build security reference architectures that will be used across enterprises to drive secure-by-design products.
At oak9, we are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security. oak9 is revolutionizing how cloud-native applications are secured with an automation platform that is built for developers and blessed by security.
We are at a very exciting stage at our company and are growing fast. We’re looking for smart, motivated and talented individuals to join our mission. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
What you will do:
- Work on cutting edge technologies to automate how secure products are designed and built
- Drive the strategic direction of the product and company
- Build security reference architectures and best practices public cloud deployments
- Evangelize your work through conferences and publications to gain the broadest possible industry audience for your work
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
- Grow your career with oak9
- Work with an amazing and innovative team
What you will bring:
- Experience in building security designs across one or more of the following domains – cloud & infrastructure security, application security, data protection, threat management, identity & access management
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and cloud security
- High level understanding of the security threat landscape and risks enterprises face
- Experience helping design and implement risk-appropriate product security architectures
- Experience with security design and threat modeling methodologies
- Experience with dynamic & static security code analysis and vulnerability scanning
- Knowledge about penetration testing
- Excellent teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field; Masters in Computer Science/Information Security preferred
- Enjoyment for all things security and serious interest in having fun at work
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
This role is based in Chicago with option to work remotely.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the best person for the role!