We are looking for experienced Security Architects to join us to help security organizations take the next step in their evolution. You will help design and build new security capabilities for the oak9 platform. You will also build security reference architectures that will be used across enterprises to drive secure-by-design products.
At oak9, we are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security. oak9 is revolutionizing how cloud-native applications are secured with an automation platform that is built for developers and blessed by security.
We are at a very exciting stage at our company and are growing fast. We’re looking for smart, motivated and talented individuals to join our mission. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
What you will do:
- Work on groundbreaking security capabilities to automate how products are designed and built to be both secure and compliant by-design
- Build security reference architectures and best practices public cloud deployments
- Evangelize your work through conferences and publications to gain the broadest possible industry audience for your work
- Become an industry expert on security considerations for cloud service provider offerings
- Accelerate your career growth with oak9
- Work with an amazing and innovative team
- Drive the strategic direction of the product and company
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in building security architectures across various domains – cloud & infrastructure security, application security, data protection, threat management, identity & access management.
- Expertise with Infrastructure-as-Code and cloud security
- Knowledge about the security threat landscape and risks enterprises face
- Experience with designing and implementing risk-appropriate product security architectures
- Experience with security design and threat modeling methodologies
- Experience with dynamic & static security code analysis and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with penetration testing
- Excellent teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field; Masters in Computer Science/Information Security preferred
- Enjoyment for all things security and serious interest in having fun at work
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
This role is based in Chicago with option to work remotely.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the best person for the role!