Product Marketing Director
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Marketing Director to join us and ensure that our customers are thrilled with our platform. This is a role for someone who is a strategic leader and has a passion for understanding product-led growth.
At oak9, we are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security. oak9 is revolutionizing how cloud-native applications are secured with an automation platform that is built for developers and blessed by security.
We are at a very exciting stage at our company and are growing fast. We’re looking for smart, motivated and talented individuals to join our mission. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
What you will do:
- Establish oak9 as a leader and destination for cloud security
- Understand the key differentiations of oak9 and competitors/ conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Develop, implement, and execute an organic marketing strategy to increase brand awareness by focusing on product-led growth
- Serve as a pioneer in establishing marketing vision and strategy while also executing on marketing initiatives
- Initiate and develop a go-to-market strategy and experience for new platform features and capabilities
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- Set short and long-term goals for internal team
- Grow your career with oak9
- Work with an amazing and innovative team
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
What you bring:
- B.A/B.S Degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field
- Experience in a fast-paced software company marketing SaaS/self-service product
- Proven experience as a Marketing Director, VP of Marketing, or other senior role
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement successful marketing campaigns through product-led growth focus. We strongly believe in the ability for our product to sell itself
- Motivation to solve problems and a data-driven mindset
- Knowledge about SEO and web analytics
- Ability in being a strategic leader and has a knack for taking initiative
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Enjoyment for all things security and serious interest in having fun at work
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
This role is based in Chicago with option to work remotely.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the best person for the role!